Dr. John B. Mitchell
Dr. John Mitchell
Associate Professor, Psychology,
Office: BR 126
Telephone: (519) 432-8353 ext 28363
- Honors B.A., Queens University, Kingston, ON
- M.A., Queens University, Kingston, ON
- Ph.D., Concordia University, Montreal, PQ
- Douglas Hospital Research Centre, Montreal, PQ
- University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, CO
Research and Scholarly Interests
Motivation, memory for time, order, and sequences (temporal memory), stress and memory, educational psychology.
- Introduction to Psychology, Psychology 1000
- Biological Basis of Behaviour, Psychology 2221A/B
- Introduction to Educational Psychology, Psychology 2620A/B
- Psychological Measurement and Statistics, Psychology 2885
- Motivation and Emotion, Psychology 3209F/G
- Passer, M.W., Smith, R.E., Atkinson, M., Mitchell, J.B., and Muir, D. (2009). Psychology: Frontiers and Applications. Third Canadian Edition. McGraw-Hill Ryerson Press, Whitby, ON.
- Janes, K. and Mitchell, J.B. (2009) Eyewitness identification: The role of processing style and individual differences in accuracy and confidence. Paper presented at the Annual Meeting of the Canadian Psychological Association, Montreal, Quebec.
- Van Belois, A. and Mitchell, J. B. (2009). Summer residential camps: Promoting social interaction and self-efficacy among young adults with special needs. Camping Magazine, the Official Publication of the American Camp Association. Nov/Dec. 2009.
- Simner, M. L. and Mitchell, J. B. (2007). Use of the TOEFL as an admission requirement to Canadian universities. Canadian Journal of School Psychology, 22: 182 – 187.
- Sherry, D. and Mitchell, J.B. (2007). Neuroethology of Foraging. In D.W. Stephens, R.C. Ydenbery, and J.S. Brown (Eds.), Foraging, University of Chicago Press. 61 – 102.
- Board of Directors, London Youth Symphony;
- Board of Directors, Original Kids Theatre Company;
- Worship Committee, Riverside United Church;
- Past Chair, Christian Development Committee, Riverside United Church.