Ms. Melissa Jean
Division of Social Sciences, Management and Organizational Studies
Office: BR 120
Telephone: (519) 432-8353 ext 28070
- Certified Management Accountant, Society of Management Accountants of Ontario
- Master of Business Administration, Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
- Bachelor of Arts, Honors Business Administration, Richard Ivey School of Business, University of Western Ontario
Research and Scholarly Interests
My main area of academic interest involves understanding the unique motivations of the growing group of women entrepreneurs known as mompreneurs as well as gaining insight into the impact these business ventures have on family life. I am also interested in small business management and service learning.
- Professor Jean's research with 'mompreneurs' is featured in Living Research – 2010, Volume 1.
- Exploring the Motivations of Mompreneurs – Western News (October 2011)
- MOS 2205F/G: Business Communications
- MOS 3372: Management Accounting
- MOS 4400A/B: Field Study - Community Consulting
- Business 2257: Accounting and Business Analysis
- Jean, M and Forbes, C. (2011), Mompreneurs: An Exploration of Their Entrepreneurial Reality, paper presented and published at the Annual Conference of the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada: Entrepreneurship & Family Business Track. Montreal, Quebec.
- Jean, M and Sturby, C. (2011), Fortune Minerals – The NICO Project, paper presented at the Annual Conference of the Administrative Sciences Association of Canada: Case Track. Montreal, Quebec.
- Jean, M (2011), Mompreneurship, Company, Fall 2011.
- Pack-iTS, Ivey Publishing (2008)
- RONA Inc., Ivey Publishing (2006)
- Info-Tech Research Group, Ivey Publishing (2004)
- Administrative Sciences Association of Canada
- United States Assosiation of Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Society of Management Accountants of Ontario
- Society for Teaching and Learning in Higher Education
- Faculty Advisor for "The Pink Ties" Student Club
- "Package of Profs", High School Outreach Program
- Fundamentals of Academic Success Planning Committee Member
- Brescia University College, “Package of Profs”, High School Outreach Program Presenter
- London Chapter of Kids Help Phone, Past Co-Chair and Treasurer
- The Society of Management Accountants of Ontario Student Liaison for Brescia University College