Thesis Stream Admissions
The Master of Science in Foods and Nutrition, (Thesis Stream) is a full-time graduate program for 5 terms (just under 2 years).
Applicants to the MScFN (Thesis Stream) program must meet the admissions criteria of Western University's, School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies, as follows:
- Registered Dietitian (certification needed)
- Honors BSc in Foods and Nutrition from an accredited program (or an equivalent honors degree)-transcript of records needed
- 1.0 FCE (full-course equivalent) undergraduate course in research methodology and statistics
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 78% on the last 10 FCE credits
- Relevant work and volunteer experience (resume needed)
- Demonstrated English language proficiency if English is not your first language
Applicants (Registered Dietitians) must meet selection criteria which evaluates the individual’s readiness for advanced practice, ability to plan and conduct research, and potential for leadership in the profession. Experience and performance in professional practice will be given weight. Communication skills, attitude, and commitment to undertake Master’s-level education will also be considered.
Internationally trained Registered Dietitians: Please see the Internationally Trained Applicants section for information and instructions.