Printing and Photocopy Procedure
To print in the Beryl Ivey Library, you must obtain a copy card from the staff at the circulation desk. The cost of the card is $1.00.
Printing is 10 cents per page for black and white, and 50 cents per page for colour.
- From your computer work station, send your item to print.
- Select the appropriate printer
- \\KAT\BR-BW 10c/page for black and white printing
- \\KAT\BR-BW 50c/page for colour printing
- Go over to one of the print stations and insert your copy card into the reader. The two print stations are located near the circulation desk, and in the computer lab. Your print job automatically is sent to both stations.
- Enter your Logon Name (UWO account name, the same that you used to log onto the computer)
- Click on the print jobs you that you would like to print (a green check mark should appear next to each job)
- Click the "Print Selected Jobs" button; your copy card will be ejected, and your pages will print out of the appropriate machine.
Click here for downloadable printing instructions.
The Campus Printing Service allows students and faculty to print most common documents to selected printers on campus.
For Windows computers, use your web browser to print from your laptop.
Mac computers are now able to print wirelessly, using the ITS instructions.
For further assistance with wireless printing, see Western's ITS wirelesswebpage.
To ensure your documents print correctly, follow these steps:
- In WebCT, "right click" on the document link/icon
- Click "Save As"
- Save the file to computer desktop
- Open the downloaded file and print
The photocopiers in the Beryl Ivey Library are located near the circulation desk, and use both coins and Brescia copy cards. When using cash, the cost of black and white photocopying is 10 cents per page. Copy cards make black and white photocopying only 7 cents per page. Colour photocopying is available for 50 cents per page, whether you are using cash or a copy card.
To obtain a copy card, see the staff at the circulation desk. The cost of each copy card is $1.00
Please note that while double sided printing is available in the library, scanning and faxing are not. Please see circulation staff for further assistance.