Wondering what life in Canada will be like?
As you boldly embark on this path of your life journey you will find that the International Bridging Program offers you a sneak preview and an
opportunity to proceed with increased
knowledge, awareness, and the ability to embrace life to its fullest.
We welcome you to join us for an exploration of Brescia University College, the University of Western Ontario, and London, Ontario from:
26th August - 30th August, 2014
As someone arriving from outside of Canada this mandatory program is designed for you. Out of province students are also welcome. This orientation gives you the unique opportunity to adjust to campus before the regular orientation week. This program includes a full orientation to university life. Meet some of your peers, Brescia staff and faculty, and find out more about your new home.
Receive guidance about accommodations, shopping, eating, entertainment, classrooms and other facilities, transportation, and thriving in the Canadian culture. During this week you will also have the opportunity to meet one-on-one with an Academic Advisor to review course selections and time-tables.
Online registration available soon!
What happens during this orientation?
- You will attend workshops designed to assist with your adjustment –
Academic Advising (if needed)
- Library orientation
- Introduction by our Writing Instructor
- Sessions on cultural adjustment, student services, university classroom expectations
- You will be oriented to various practical aspects of university life –
- Exploring the Brescia and Western campus,
- Setting up bank accounts,
- Activating your e-mail account, getting your student ID card & London Transit bus pass
- An opportunity to purchase books and supplies
- Attend mock lectures, learn about plagiarism and critical thinking with our professors.
You will become familiar with London and area
- Shopping at the malls and discovering stores that sell products similar to those from home
- Enjoying the cuisine of various restaurants, bowling, and a tour of London
- Taking a trip to one of Canada's wonders, Niagara Falls
Making new friends with other International and Canadian Brescia students is a priority!!
Separate workshops are available for your parents or adult family members accompanying you to the program. These workshops are designed to provide some awareness about what life will be like for your daughter/son and to address the transition process. The workshops are complimentary. Costs for accommodation, meals, and outings are extra. Parents and family members must make their own accommodation arrangements as residence space is reserved for incoming students.
This program is highly recommended and is available to both students and parents.
Please note that there are two major International Airports (Detroit and Toronto). Connecting flights to London are available from both these airports (check with your travel agent), as well as the Robert Q Bus service and Aboutown Airbus. If you have family or friends who will be coming with you and they require hotel information, view the list of area hotels and rates here.
Students may wish to arrive August 24th or 25th to settle into your accommodations in preparation for starting on the morning of August 26th. Our staff will meet you at the London airport, bus or train station and get you to your residence.
To register, fill out and submit or print out a copy of the registration form. This form must be returned with fee arrangements prior to July 31st. We hope you will join us!
If you have any questions, please contact:
Christina Lord, International Program Coordinator,
1285 Western Road, London Ontario, Canada N6G 1H2
Phone: (519) 432-8353 ext. 28012
Fax: (519) 858-5137
We look forward to welcoming you to Brescia!
Opting "in": For out-of-province students and Canadians living abroad
Opt-out: Additional details