The Career Peers are a very important part of the support we provide in the Student Life Centre (SLC).
They are a team of upper-year student leaders trained and advised by the Student Life staff to provide support and programming to all Brescia students, specifically by:
- Holding drop-in office hours for on-the-spot resume and cover letter critiques
- Co-facilitating workshops with SLC staff for the Career Development Series
- Assisting in the development and planning of the Career Symposium
- Maintaining and posting on the Career Peer blog
- Initiating special projects to meet the career needs of students
In their role, Career Peers spend 3-5 hours/week, from September-April, gaining first-hand knowledge of career development strategies and working closely with our professional staff, while applying their knowledge directly to a valued leadership role at Brescia.
Be a Career Peer!
Interested in joining the Career Peer team? Visit the Student Life Centre to learn more about how to get involved with the team!