Career Development Series
An interactive and practical workshop series created to teach you about career development and the career planning process, how to build your skills through experience, resume and cover letter writing, job search strategies, the art of networking, and interviewing with impact.
Students are encouraged to attend all 4 sessions, but are invited to attend individual sessions as well.
- Wednesday, January 16th 12:00- 1:30pm Rm 135
- Tuesday, March 5th, 2013 12:30-2:00 Merici Lounge
Resumes & Cover letters
- Wednesday, January 23rd 12:00-1:30pm Rm 304
- Tuesday, March 12th 12:30-2:00pm Merici Lounge
Job Search Strategies
- Wednesday, January 30th 12:00-1:30pm Rm 304
- Tuesday, March 26th 12:30-2:00pm Merici Lounge
- Wednesday, February 6th 12:00-1:30pm Rm 304
- Tuesday, April 2nd 12:30-2:00pm Merici Lounge
Looking to learn more about writing a resume or cover letter? Would you like to have a trained eye review your resume? Need a critique of your cover letter?
Resume Drop In Hours 2013
Wednesdays from 1-2pm
Bring a print copy of your Resume to the Student Life Centre and receive one-on-one feedback from one of our trained Career Peers.
CONNECT: Ask, Explore, Succeed
Discipline-specific events hosted by Student Life, in partnership with the discipline's student club, to help first- and second-year students learn more about: their academic program or prospective academic program, getting involved and gaining experience, career planning information, and what resources Brescia has to offer. These events may include:
- Advice and success strategies from Academic Advisors and Student Life Staff.
- Advice and success strategies from discipline-specific Faculty including, possible research and experiential learning opportunities.
- Student Leadership Panel, including current student leaders from the discipline.
- ‘Mix and Mingle’ to ask questions and gather concrete information from Academic Advisors, Student Life Staff, Faculty, Alumnae, and Peers.
Do you require particular support in your career planning process? Have you started your own career research and have specific questions you’d like ask? Are you looking to learn more about your personality preferences as they relate to potential careers?
We offer bookable one-on-one appointments with our staff on:
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays
Appointment Booking Process:
First appointment: A 15-min intake session with one of our staff. This session is used to assess your career needs moving forward. We require your initial one-on-one appointment to be an intake session.
Follow-up appointments: After an intake session follow-up career appointments are 30 mins, with the exception of a career assessment debrief, which is a 1-hr appointment.
To book an appointment, contact email@example.com.
Curricular Career Support
Are you a faculty member who is looking to help students build practical career skills through assignments and coursework? We can help in the following ways:
- Mock interview support
- Resume and cover letter writing workshops
- Informational interviewing presentations
- Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) personality assessment inventory + workshop debriefs
- Professional development conferences
- Career options for the discipline
- Handouts or resource kits
- Short presentations on any career-related topic you feel is relevant to the development of the students in your courses
- Consultation regarding other ways we may be able to serve your needs
We currently offer curricular support to the following disciplines:
- Community Development
- Foods & Nutrition
- Management & Organizational Studies (MOS)
We support recent Brescia graduates, up to 1 year out. As a recent grad, you can receive the following support:
- Unlimited access to our career-related programs/events/initiatives, such as:
- Career Symposium event
- Career Development Series
- Resume and cover letter critiques from our trained Career Peers
- One-on-one career appointments (see details on 'Career Appointments' above)