Leadership Development Program
The Leadership Development Program is a co-curricular, non-academic credit program designed to enrich Brescia students’ experiences by fostering the attributes and skills to increase their effectiveness as leaders.
This experiential certificate program has been designed to encourage all students to participate, regardless of whether or not they are in a leadership role.
- Workshops are free to any current Brescia student (undergraduate or graduate)
- Students may complete this program over their four years at Brescia
- The program consists of four progressive tiers, consisting of several components within each tier:
- Tier I (A Journey in Self Discovery) with 3-4 workshops
- Tier II (Fundamentals of Leadership) with 3-4 workshops
- Tier III (Becoming an Engaged Leader) with 3-4 workshops
- Tier IV (Becoming an Agent of Change) with 2 workshops and an experiential learning project
- Students will complete the tiers in order, as it is a cumulative program. Each tier is offered once/term so it will take most students approximately four terms to complete this program.
- Upon successful completion of all four tiers, students will receive a certificate of accomplishment signed by Brescia's Principal.
- Students register for tiers each term. NOTE: enrollment may be limited.
- The workshops are facilitated by professional staff from the Brescia Student Life Centre.
- This program does not qualify for university credit; nor is credit given for activities in which academic credit has been received.
"I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand."
Tier IV Project Details:
Students will be required to complete a 15-hour experiential service-learning project to apply the knowledge and skills obtained in the workshops to practical learning experiences. Students can choose one of two options for their ‘Becoming an Agent of Change’ project:
- Students will work in small groups to design and implement their own social change project within the Brescia/local London community.
- Students will use an existing campus/local community involvement (e.g. student club) as a learning lab
2013 Workshop Schedule:
Tier I: 'A Journey in Self-Discovery'
New Tier I workshops will be offered in September 2013 for new program participants. (Online registration will be available in April 2013, register early to guarantee your spot)!
Tier II: 'Fundamentals of Leadership'
Tier III: 'Becoming an Engaged Leader'
Tier IV: 'Becoming an Agent of Change'
Tiers 2, 3 and 4 of Brescia’s Co-Curricular Leadership Development Program will be offered during the winter term for those students who are currently part of the Leadership Development Program. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
REGISTRATION is now closed.
Please visit the Student Life Centre 'Opportunities' section in April 2013 for the Fall 2013 Registration & Workshop Schedule.