Applying for OSAP at Brescia
How to Apply
- Apply for OSAP online at http://osap.gov.on.ca. Students with a couse load of 60% (3.0 courses) or more can apply for full-time OSAP funding.
- Select the University of Western Ontario as your Institution, but remember to select a Brescia program from the drop-down options.
- Check out the Guide for Completing the Full-Time OSAP Applicaiton to help you fill out the applicaiton.
- Submit all required OSAP documents to Brescia. Brescia is affiliated with the University of Western Ontario, but all financial assistance for Brescia students is administered at Brescia for the academic year of September to April. Therefore please forward all OSAP applications and forms to Brescia directly.
- Sumibt your Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) in person to a designated Canada Post Outlet right away. A list of locations is available here. You will be required to present two pieces of documents to prove your identity: Proof of Social Insurance Number, and one piece of valid government issured photo ID.
- You can continue to check the status of your application by visiting the OSAP website.
When to Apply
- Apply and Submit the OSAP application by June 30th, anually to allow for funds to be available for the September OSAP release and to qualify for fee deferment consideration.
- Submit all signature pages and required supporting documentation to the Business Office at Brescia no later than the first Friday in July for fee deferment consideration.
Qualified OSAP students will be allowed to defer their payment of tuition and residence fees due in mid-August, until their OSAP funding is released. To qulaify you must meet ALL of the following conditions:
- Applied for OSAP by June 30th and submitted to Brescia all outstanding OSAP paperwork no later than the first Friday in July and;
- Selected the option that allows "the Ministry may use a portion of my OSAP funding to pay, on my behalf, my tuition and compulsory fees directly to my school" a question directly on the OSAP application and;
- Verified that you will be receiving OSAP funding and that your September/January disbursement of OSAP is enough to cover your First/Second installment of fees. If it is not you will need to pay the difference by the appropriate deadline. Refer here for Brescia's deadlines.
Return to the Main Brescia OSAP Page