Supplemental OSAP Programs
Queen Elizabeth II Aiming for the Top Scholarship
The Queen Elizabeth II scholarship is being phased out gradually over the next two years, with the last QEII scholarship selection in the 2011-2012 academic year.
For those students who currently receive this scholarship, your scholarship will be renewed if you maintain the following eligibility criteria:
- you must have been enrolled in at least 60% of a full course load (at least 40% of a full course load for students with permanent disabilities) in the fall/winter session and;
- maintain an average of at least 80% or higher and;
- continue to be enrolled full-time in an eligible program in the subsequent fall/winter session.
- The scholarship is renewable for a maximum of four years at the amount you received in the first year.
The Ministry will inform you of the renewal decision by mail in August. If your scholarship is renewed, Brescia will credit the amount of your scholarship to your student account in late September.
For more information visit the QEII Scholarship page on the OSAP website.
Child Care Bursary
You can apply for a Child Care Bursary if you have three or more children living with you full time during your study period in the following categories, with each child having child care costs:
- 11 years of age or younger, and/or
- 12 years of age or older and in need of child care because they have a disability, illness, or injury.
For more information visit the Child Care Bursary page on the OSAP website.
Ontario Student Opportunity Grant
The Ontario Student Opportunity Grant (OSOG) is available to help eligible full-time students reduce their annual Canada-Ontario Integrated Student Loan (COISL) debt.
The purpose of OSOG is to limit a student's repayable COISL debt to $7,300 for a two-term academic year and $10,950 for a three-term academic year. As a result, the amount of OSOG awarded to each student is based on the total amount of COISL they were eligible to receive for the academic year.
You are automatically considered when you submit a full-time OSAP Application.
For more information visit the OSOG page on the OSAP website.
Bursary for Students with Disabilities
This bursary provides up to $2,000 per academic year for students with permanent or temporary disabilities who require education-related services or equipment, such as tutors, note-takers, interpreters, braillers or technical aids, that are directly related to their disability.
If you qualify for this bursary program, please make an appointment with Western's Student Development Centre for assistance with the application.
For more information visit the BSWD page on the OSAP website.
Return to the Main Brescia OSAP Page