French Placement Test
The Brescia French Placement Test determines your level of French before you start
your classes to help us evaluate which course is the most appropriate for your level.
To complete the French Placement Test, please login to OWL using your Western University credential, search "Brescia French Placement Test"
and join the site to complete the test.
You don't need to take the placement test if:
- you never studied French, you will take French 1002.
- you completed Grade 11 French, or French 1002, you will take French 1010.
- in all your other cases, the placement is recommended.
- you completed Grade 12 (core, extended or immersion) French with a final mark between
70% - 85%, you will take French 1910.
- you completed Grade 12 (core, extended or immersion) with high grades (above 85%),
and have a good mastery of written grammar, we recommend you to take the Placement
Test. You may be placed to French 2900.
You need to take the placement test if:
- you studied in a Francophone school, and/or spent time in a Francophone environment.
- you studied French abroad, in a community college, or in a language school.
- you are a native speaker of French.