Students standing in a row in front of Brescia building with backs facing camera and arms around each other's shoulders.

Frequently Asked Questions

See answers to questions commonly asked by our students about the MScFN Thesis Stream program.

Tuition Fees and Receipts

MScFN Tuition fees can be found on Western University’s Office of the Registrar website.

Students can view and print their tuition balance through logging into Student Center. Once you have logged into student center, click on Finances and then Detailed Statement of Account.

Students can contact Western University's Office of the Registrar to inquire about their tuition balance or ask any  general questions regarding tuition and fees. Their Helpline number is: 519-661-2100. 

Western University generates electronic copies of all T2202A forms which you can print.  For more information please contact Western University's Office of the Registrar.

Parking and Transit

For information on a London transit pass, visit Western University's Society of Graduate Students.

Yearly parking passes for Brescia can be purchased through the Business Office in the St. James building. Weekly and daily parking passes are also available. Learn more


The following resources are recommend for information on housing options in London:

Scholarships and Funding

Awards are available to MScFN students through Brescia. For more information, visit our Money Matters website.

MScFN students should visit Westerm University's School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies for information on External Awards.

Ontario Graduate Scholarship and Canadian Graduate Scholarships have been the most common awards recommended for our students.

Throughout the year, Brescia receives additional information for external awards. This information is shared with MScFN students during orientation and as received. 

Health and Wellness

Please see Student Health Services website for more information on the services provided:

Campus Recreation  

Visit the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies for more information on Campus Recreation.

Course Assistantships  

MScFN Thesis Stream students may apply to work as a Course Assistance (CA) during their first-year, and full-time Thesis Stream students may apply to work as a CA during the second-year.

Course Assistant applications will be provided to students before the start of first term classes.

Research Support

Subject to budgetary approval every MScFN student receives a research support fund in their first and second year of the program. Funds can be used for research related expenses including presenting the research at conferences.

About London

There is so much to see and do in London.

Check out the following links for more information:

 Indigenous Support

We are committed to increasing Indigenous voices and presence across all levels of work, study and research. 

Learn more about how we support our Indigenous students at Western University's Office of Indigenous Initiatives