Brescia recognizes that students may find themselves in an emergency financial situation.
This short-term financial crisis may be a situation where they are in immediate need
of assistance with basic life necessities, such as food, clothing and household items,
health care, etc.
If such a situation arises, students are encouraged to make an appointment with the
Financial Aid Officer. Appointments can be booked through The HIVE and students should
make the staff aware of any urgency to their situation.
The Brescia Emergency Fund
The Brescia Emergency Fund will help to provide immediate short-term relief to Brescia
students who are experiencing immediate emergency financial need as a direct result
of the COVID-19 pandemic. We want to ensure students’ basic needs are met to enable
them to complete their academic term. The Brescia Emergency Fund is not a source of
- Open to international and domestic students currently enrolled in courses for the
winter term (January-April).
- Applicants must demonstrate that their current financial distress is a direct result
of unforeseen costs in the month of March or April 2020, and are directly associated
with or related to the COVID-19 pandemic crisis.
- Christina’s Closet - is a student-centred program which offers Brescia students the opportunity to obtain
complimentary clean, new and gently-used clothing, accessories and household items
generously donated by the community.
- Food Support Services - is a University Student Council student service dedicated to reducing food insecurity
among Western students. They provide an anonymous food hamper distribution system
that can be accessed by filling out an online form.
- Help Yourself Through Hard Times - is an External Resource Guide. It provides information on services within the community
based on what your direct need may be.
- London Food Bank – is a community resource that provides food hampers to those in emergency need.
- Renewed Computer Technology – is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that empowers students with access
to affordable, renewed computers to help meet education goals. For more information
contact Lissette Ochoa.