Brescia recognizes that students may find themselves in an emergency financial situation.
This short-term financial crisis may be a situation where they are in immediate need
of assistance with basic life necessities, such as food, clothing and household items,
health care, etc.
If such a situation arises, students are encouraged to make an appointment with the
Financial Aid Officer. Appointments can be booked through The Hive and students should
make the staff aware of any urgency to their situation.
The Brescia Emergency Fund
The Brescia Emergency Fund will assist Brescia students who are experiencing a significant
short-term financial crisis. The Brescia Emergency Fund is not a source of long-term
- Student should reach out to the Financial Aid Officer email@example.com to first discuss their individual situation and explore options
- Christina’s Closet - is a student-centered program which offers Brescia students the opportunity to
obtain complimentary clean, new and gently-used clothing, accessories and household
items generously donated by the community.
- Food Support Services - is a University Student Council student service dedicated to reducing food insecurity
among Western students. They provide an anonymous food hamper distribution system
that can be accessed by filling out an online form.
- Help Yourself Through Hard Times - is an External Resource Guide. It provides information on services within the community
based on what your direct need may be.
- London Food Bank – is a community resource that provides food hampers to those in emergency need.
- Renewed Computer Technology – is a not-for-profit, charitable organization that empowers students with access
to affordable, renewed computers to help meet education goals. For more information
contact Lissette Ochoa.